Thursday 21 January 2016

My Introduction to Fishing on the River Shannon

My interest in fishing first began at the young age of 4 when my Mam and Dad introduced me to the boating life on the Shannon. My Dad would bring me trawling off the back of our Mercury 50hp Rib. Being an amateur fisher all we brought with us was a pliers, a few spinners, a cheap rod and a bucket.
We could go out for an hour and not catch anything, as fishing goes. As you can understand to last an hour not catching anything at the age of 4 was kind of off putting. Those days were annoying, but the days that we caught fish were the best! We would usually catch Perch or Pike, but there was the odd bream and perch hybrid. We used mostly spinners at that age, predominantly due to their ease but they were also very effective on the fish in the River Shannon.

No comments:

Post a Comment