Friday 29 January 2016

Getting into Fishing

I first began realising my love for the sport a few years after my first catch. There is an indescribable feeling you get when you feel the pull on the line when the fish begins to bite and that's when this adrenalin kicks in. You get that final bite and you hook the fish. You feel it trying to pull away and the tension on the line starts to increase, the fight has begun. You take hold of your rod and get a good sense of the size fish you are dealing with. (On the Shannon the biggest fish you can catch is about a metre long pike, so it wouldn't be much of a fight, but thoroughly enjoyable no matter the size) You begin to reel in, although you expect and hope it is a fish, you still have it in the back of your mind that you may have caught some river weed. Its one of the best feelings when you reel it in and as it gets close you see the fish jump out of the water or see it wriggle. I always get wonderful sensations when I get a catch, but I also get them when I return the fish back into the water. I make sure every time that the fish is able to breath by moving him back and forth through the water, to get the oxygen flowing in through his gills. It was times like these that I look back so fondly on my childhood.
Source of video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myG1IqpmOmM

No comments:

Post a Comment